Friday, September 13, 2013

My Life Unemployed #13


My Life Unemployed #13

Intro/All Bad Things Come to a End
Hi... How are you?.... Doing good? That's good... Good to hear... Thank you to all that read about my adventures or misadventures during my life unemployed. Thank you for joining my misery in my quest for a job, career, or whatever the hell you want to call it. Unfortunately all bad things have to come to end. The usual saying is all good things come to end but in my case nothing was good so thus insertion of bad. I will be returning to work ,unfortunately part time work that is. I will be working at 2 jobs totaling a whopping 14 hours a week! I know take a deep breath and soak it all in. Even more depressing news is that I will be returning to a job that a college aged student would have. I even cut my hair into a mohawk to look like a younger “dude”, so people won't judge “the old guy” working “the young job”. People often ask me, “If I'm in school?” or “I have a kid your age”. I usually play along so as to not offend them (even though they think I'm a teenager in college). Let's stop tickling around here and get at it.

Jobs Applied for

Packerland Rent a Mat- Route Service Representative
I threw in the towel on this one. I was feeling very unskilled, unmotivated, and useless when I applied for this job. I felt like I've stepped on all my life so why not be the guy who supplies fresh clean floor mats that people will step on. It's not me they are stepping on anymore.. it's the mats! I want to be the floor mat guy! Let's take a negative and make it a positive. This job would entail me driving a medium duty truck to assigned routes to customers. Then I would exchange floor mats and/or laundry products within my customer's facilities. The perks would be that I work by myself, get exercise, and be outdoors for a bit (and when I say outdoors I mean walking from the van to the location to get the mat).

Here is a link to their website if you would like to see more of what they do.

Americorps Vista- Youth Development Program
If got this job I would be considered a full time volunteer and receive a stipend of $946 a month for one year. This position is providing skills and programs to low income families to prepare them for college. I found this a great opportunity because I would teach all these kids to not graduate with a god@mn useless History degree like I did. I would say, “Don't be like me or else you will be writing a weekly blog about your miseries and making everyone around you depressed”. Real talk... this would be a great way to give back and make an impact.

Outro
This may be my last My Life Unemployed blog. I would like to thank all the writers who helped in making this blog a reality. You give me the inspiration, desire, and motivation to keep making this dream a reality. I would like to thank my family for supporting me in these tough times. Most of all.. I would like to thank my fans. You guys have been great. You make life unemployed that much greater. You know who you are. Keep on shining! Okay... enough of that... that was my attempt at being sentimental. Even though this is the end of Life Unemployed.. the party has just begun you dumb f*cks!

Coming Soon...
14 Hours From Unemployment 

No comments:

Post a Comment