Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Life Unemployed 2


Life Unemployed # 2

Intro
I spent a good 7 hours on the computer looking for jobs. At the end of the day I despised technology. I hated the computer. My eyes were dry, body fatigued, and my immune system weakened due to elongated staring. My risk for cancer probably doubled due to the all the radiation that was emitting from the screen on to my supple body. I felt like a drone. They say looking for a job is a full time job. Well wouldn't it be nice if I got a salary, 401k, and benefits while looking for a job. But that ain't going to happen.

Tuesday August 6 Recap
I set up my first Linkedin account. It's the facebook of professionals. It gives you all the tools to market yourself as a leading professional in your field. It can take an unemployed, homely, non deodorant wearing person like me and turn me into a successful looking human being. You put in your work experience, upload a photo, and put a cool tag line in, then instantly you are a success! I've made 15 contacts in the first 5 minutes of being on this network. It's funny how a lot of my friends use this and look successful. I know my friends as drunks, doosh bags, and dorks, but this site cleans them up nice. It's all perception I guess. I used the tagline “Jack of All Trades!!!”. That'll sure help me get jobs, right? I also made my first comment on the linkedin.com site, “Lets network, do lunch, and build for a better tomorrow”.

Jobs Applied for
  1. I reapplied for the YMCA Wellness Attendant Job since last night It didn't go through. So, I quickly rushed through the application process and sent it through. I hope I didn't spell my name wrong, or put in the wrong address. I just wanted to get it in as quickly as possible.
  2. Customer Service Representative Better Bureau Business- So, this job is full time. The salary is $28,000-$30,000. When I see that number my eyes widen, like OMG... that's a lot of money. I know for most people that's chump change. But I'll be honest I've never made over $25k. If I can make that kind of money. Think of the things I could buy. The world is mine!! But, anyways, this job would be working in a call center. I hate answering phones and making phone calls, it's annoying. I hardly talk to my friends/family so what makes me think I'm going to like doing this job. All I do is text, email, and tweet.

Fun Fact
I feel a lot more productive being unemployed than being employed. When I was employed I was working 3 part time jobs. I was too tired to do things for myself, have a hobby, or run errands. After work I felt like laying on the couch and watch crappy Netflix movies (because they never update the god@mn thing!). Now that I don't have anything to do, I'm a lot more productive. I feel very productive applying for a job that I have 0 to 10% of getting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment