Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Life Unemployed # 1


My Life Unemployed #1

Intro
    In this blog, I'm going to write about the everyday struggle into how tough it is in finding a job in this economy. Or maybe I find out how easy it is to find a job in this economy and everyone is lying about how hard it is? Maybe all these people who are saying it's hard to find a job aren't trying hard enough, motivated, applying for the wrong jobs, or are pathetic losers.
    It's been a week since I've been unemployed. You definitely have your highs and your lows. Sometimes, you get high then feel low. Then other times your feeling low so you get high. I haven't done the get high/feel low or feel low/get high method (it just sounded clever). A scary thought is having all the time in the world. What do you do? How do you get motivated? How do you stay upbeat?
     With all this time you do things you need to do in life, but then you realize you don't have an income to do the things you need to do. I, ironically have been spending money, lots of it too. While unemployed I bought my first pair of Jordans ($80) and have put in over $300 worth of repairs into my car. I've gotten my oil changed even tough it's been 3,000 miles overdue. I got my window shield crack repaired. I got the muffler fixed so it doesn't sound like a lawn mower. Lastly, I put in a air filter which made me feel like I was a man among men. I've spent more money unemployed in one week than I did all last month when I was employed. Funny how that works.
    Being unemployed has allowed me to do the things I've wanted to do but was too busy to do so when employed. For example like working on my non existent rap and comedy career. It has given me the time to organize all my thoughts onto the computer. I have perfectly organized my comedy bits, lyrics, and video ideas so that I will do nothing with them. I have been able to devote more time to working out, helping my mother out with chores, and spending time on what I'm going to do next.
    You think it's all in fun and games being unemployed, but it's really overrated, unless you have a lot of unemployed friends. I have a lot of employed friends, so I've been just hanging out with myself. Hanging out with myself gets old quick. I'm get annoyed with me and I don't want to hang out with him anymore. Leave me alone ME!!!!!

Monday August 5 Recap
Job Search
    I went through every job category on Craigslist to search for a job. I browsed through the “accounting/finance”, “biotech/science”, “legal/paralegal”, and “tv/film/video categories”. Nothing is off limits. I'm looking at jobs that I have no qualifications for. But that's the great thing about Craigslist. Your never know what your going to find. Your probably asking, “Why is he using Craigslist to find a job? It's not a reputable job site search engine.” Correct. It isn't. But I realize I'm 1 to 2 months into finding a “career”, so why not try to get a job as quickly as possible. Find a entry level job to generate income while I look for a “career”. I put career in quotations because “career” and me are not synonymous. I'm better off finding a career in dog walking or picking up dog poop than being an office stiff or a loan officer.

Jobs Applied For
  1. Milwaukee Bucks Sales Associate- I filled out the online application, submitted a resume, and wrote a cover letter. I don't understand why companies make you fill out an online application and then have you attach a resume. That's doing the same sh*t twice! That makes me not want to work for your company, because it tells me that the company is poorly run and inefficient. This position required 2 years in sales which I don't have. I'm not a pushy, overbearing person so I'm not sure this position would fit. This position would take a lot of motivation as your trying to sell tickets for a team that has no future. That's like me selling tickets for people to watch my best friend poop for an hour (ain't no one going to go pay for that)
  2. YMCA Wellness Attendant- This position is for part time work and pays around $9.00/hour. I know it's part time and low pay but this is better than no hours and no paycheck. It also could lead to a career in fitness or wellness. Maybe, it could lead to a personal trainer position in where I train fat people to get in shape. That would be fun and entertaining. But, I'd rather train a skinny person and watch them get fat though. That would be way more entertaining.

Life Lesson
    I learned it doesn't matter what career you pick your eventually going to hate it. So, those people who say, “follow your dreams” or “do what makes you happy” are lying. There f'ing liars!!! After awhile your going to hate your job and co workers. I've worked at non profits and with kids for the last 8 years, and now I hate working with kids. I don't get anything out of it. I don't feel rewarded anymore. I don't feel good after it. Don't do what you want to do in life, just get paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment