Thursday, August 8, 2013

Life Unemployed #3


Life Unemployed #3
Wednesday August 6th Recap
I used the website Jobs That Serve to look at careers on how I could make a difference. This site is for those looking for a rewarding career but get paid dirt cheap. In other words, you make the biggest impact but get paid the least amount.  Isn't that F'd up?  It's a site for non profit professionals. Since all my experience is in non profits, this might be the only chance I get a job. I also have a strong background in farting, pooping, and having a small penis but not a lot of employers are looking for those qualifications. Maybe I need to find a industry in where those qualities are highly desirable.


Job Tips
Since, I've been applying for jobs I've had to write a lot of cover letters. I hate writing cover letters because of the time process. But.... I do have a cover letter system in place for doing them quickly. Firstly, I google search “cover letters”, “sample cover letters”, or “how to write a cover letter”. Then I copy and paste the best sounding sentences from a few sample cover letter websites. Boom! You got yourself a well written cover letter. But....I'm not sure this is a good idea, because if everyone searches “cover letter” on google, then all the applicants will have the same sounding cover letters. But.... That's why I don't click on the first article on “cover letters” because everyone else is. I like to page down and get some of the ones with less hits. See.... Now, that's a job tip for all you job seekers. You heard it here first.

Jobs Applied For
1) Volunteer Manager- Interfaith Senior Programs, Inc- This job works with seniors and recruiting volunteers to work with seniors. Do I like seniors? Kinda. Do they smell? Sometimes. Do there farts smell like World War 2? Yep. I feel like I don't get to interact with geriatrics, so I could learn something from “these kind of people”. It would be nice to talk to people who are not on smart phones, who have a land line, and go to the library to check a book out. It would be blast to eat werthers, prunes, and talk about the good ole days! I actually hope I get a call back. I also had to put a salary requirement for this job. I've never really had to this so I was stumped. So... I undercut my competition and put $25k-30k. Hopefully they take the bait and bite.

Fun Fact
I haven't watched TV all this week since looking for jobs. The only TV I did watch while employed was reruns of Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, and Smart Guy. So.. the TV I did watch was all stuff that influenced my life for the better. Oh Well...


No comments:

Post a Comment